**UPDATED 11 July 2021**
On 12 July 2021, Bellevue Animal Hospital in Nebraska begins Phase 2 of our reopening to clients! Last month, we began to allow our clients back into the hospital building for appointments. We will now also welcome in clients who are picking up pet food and prescriptions! In addition, clients will no longer be required to call upon arrival and wait in the parking lot until an exam room is ready: our front lobby seating will be set up for social distancing, and clients may enter upon arrival. We will have one check-in station at the front desk, near the main entrance – please look for our signs!
We still have strict safety and cleaning precautions in place, and respectfully ask for your patience and cooperation; we want to continue to provide the best medical and surgical care for our patients, while at the same time keeping our team members safe and maintaining the ability to keep our business open to serve our clients. If you are not feeling well, have had a positive COVID-19 test within the past 14 days, or have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment or make arrangements to have someone else bring your pet to its appointment for you.
MASKS ARE STILL REQUIRED.
Due to limited space in our lobby, as well as in our small exam rooms, all clients inside the building are required to wear a face mask that covers the mouth and nose. Your mask must be on before you enter the building, and remain on throughout your pet’s entire visit, without exception. This applies to all clients and staff, including those who are fully vaccinated. Your cooperation is very much appreciated.
PLEASE BE SURE TO REVIEW THESE HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES BEFORE YOUR VISIT, FOR DETAILS ON THE PRECAUTIONS AND PROCEDURES THAT YOU CAN EXPECT AT OUR HOSPITAL, AND HOW YOU CAN HELP US TO REOPEN SAFELY AND SUCCESSFULLY. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FOLLOWING PROTOCOLS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US VIA EMAIL, OUR WEBSITE’S CONTACT US FORM, OR BY TELEPHONE AT 402-291-1255.
- Please bring your own mask or other appropriate face-covering. You will be required to wear this at all times when you are anywhere inside our building, including at entry and exit; when passing through our lobby; in the exam room; and in the restroom.
- We will welcome one** adult client, 19 years of age or over, to accompany your pet into the hospital for the appointment, or to pick up a pet being released from the hospital, or to pick up pet food and medications. This person will need to be responsible for making medical and financial decisions for the pet, and be able to provide all relevant history and information for the pet. If the person does not have this information or authorization, we must ask that we do a “curbside” appointment with an adult that does have this information and authorization.
- When you arrive for your appointment or to pick up pet food or medications, please enter by our main (EAST) door. We will ask you to exit the building via our SOUTH side door. Maintaining a flow of one-way traffic will help us to maintain social distancing protocols.
- During your pet’s entire appointment, please remain seated in the exam room and respect social-distancing rules as much as possible.
- Dogs known to be aggressive must be wearing a muzzle, and will only be examined if able to be adequately controlled by our staff, without owner assistance.
- If you need to leave the exam room to use our restroom, you may certainly do so; please leave your pet in the exam room! If no staff member is present in the exam room at the time, leave small pets in their carriers if possible, or advise a staff member at the front desk that your pet will be momentarily unattended.
- At the conclusion of your visit, a team member will direct you to one of two check-out stations at our front desk. Our staff will be taking steps to make sure that no more than two clients will be checking out at the same time, so check-out may take place in your pet’s exam room.
If you would still prefer us to do a curbside visit for your pet, you can remain in your car, call us upon your arrival, and we will be happy to accommodate this request! If possible, please let us know your preference when you are scheduling your appointment, so we can make note of it. Curbside service will still be available for medication and food pick-up as well, for the foreseeable future.
**At the discretion of your veterinarian, more than one family member may be permitted to accompany a pet for a euthanasia appointment. Please ask a staff member when you are scheduling your appointment.