**UPDATED 25 May 2021**
On 1 June 2021, Bellevue Animal Hospital in Nebraska will begin a phased reopening to our clients! While COVID-19 is still a concern for all of us, with local cases on the decline and COVID vaccinations widely available, we are now comfortable that we can once again begin to allow our clients back into the hospital building for appointments. We will still have strict safety precautions in place, and respectfully ask for your patience and cooperation; we want to continue to provide the best medical and surgical care for our patients, while at the same time keeping our team members safe and maintaining the ability to keep our business open to serve our clients.
MASKS WILL STILL BE REQUIRED.
Due to limited space in our lobby, as well as in our small exam rooms, all clients inside the building are required to wear a face mask that covers the mouth and nose. Your mask must be on before you enter the building, and remain on throughout your pet’s entire visit, without exception. This applies to all clients, including those who are fully vaccinated.
Please be sure to review these Health and Safety Guidelines before your visit, for details on the precautions and procedures that you can expect at our hospital, and how you can help us to reopen safely and successfully. If you have any questions about the following protocols, please feel free to contact us via email, our website’s Contact Us form, or by telephone at 402-291-1255.
- Please bring your own mask or other appropriate face-covering. You will be required to wear this at all times when you are anywhere inside our building, including at entry and exit; when passing through our lobby; in the exam room; and in the restroom.
- We will welcome one** adult client, 19 years of age or over, to accompany your pet into the hospital for the appointment. This person will need to be responsible for making medical and financial decisions for the pet, and be able to provide all relevant history and information for the pet. If the person does not have this information or authorization, we must ask that we do a “curbside” appointment with an adult that does have this information and authorization.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call us from the parking lot to let us know you are here. Please park in one of our 10 (ten) numbered spaces if possible, as this makes it easier for our team members to find you!
- When we have an exam room ready for you, we will call you (please keep your phone free!) and ask you to bring your pet to our main (EAST) door. If you would still prefer us to do a curbside visit for your pet, you can remain in your car and we will be happy to accommodate this request! If possible, please let us know your preference when you are scheduling the appointment, so we can make note of it.
- One of our friendly greeters will meet you at the east door and conduct a quick health screening. You will be asked the following questions:
- Have you had a fever, cough, or any shortness of breath today or within the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has had a fever, cough, or any shortness of breath within the past 14 days?
- Have you had a positive test for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone within the past 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- If your answer to any of the above questions is “yes,” we will ask you to please return to your vehicle, and we will do a “curbside” appointment for everyone’s safety.
- After the health screening, the greeter will escort you and your pet directly to an exam room. Our front lobby will not be used as a waiting room during this first reopening phase. Please enjoy the comfort of our newly renovated exam rooms!
- During your pet’s entire appointment, please remain seated and respect social-distancing rules as much as possible.
- Dogs known to be aggressive must be wearing a muzzle, and will only be examined if able to be adequately controlled by our staff, without owner assistance.
- If you need to leave the exam room to use our restroom, you may certainly do so; please leave your pet in the exam room! If no staff member is present in the exam room at the time, leave small pets in their carriers if possible, or advise a staff member at the front desk that your pet will be momentarily unattended.
- At the conclusion of your visit, a team member will direct you to one of two check-out stations at opposite ends of our front desk. Our staff will be taking steps to make sure that no more than two clients will be checking out at the same time.
- We will ask you to exit the building via our SOUTH side door, and thank you for bringing your pet to see us!
- Once again, please remember that if you would prefer us to do a curbside visit for your pet, you can remain in your car and we will be happy to accommodate this request!
Please note that at this time, we will be continuing to assist clients with pet food pick-ups and medication refills ONLY via curbside service. Until further notice, clients who are only picking up food, medications, or other pet supplies will not be allowed into the building.