**UPDATED 9 July 2020**
We are happy to announce that our hospital will be open to pet-parents once again, beginning Monday, 13 July 2020! While COVID-19 is still very much a concern for all of us, we are comfortable that we can safely begin to allow our clients back into our building now for appointments. We will have strict safety precautions in place, and respectfully ask for your patience and cooperation; we want to continue to provide the best medical and surgical care for our patients, while at the same time keeping our team members safe and maintaining the ability to keep our business open to serve our clients.
If you have any questions about the following protocols, please feel free to contact us via email, our website’s Contact Us form, or by telephone at 402-291-1255.
- Please bring your own mask or other appropriate face-covering. You will be required to wear this at all times when you are anywhere inside our building, including at entry and exit; when passing through our lobby; in the exam room; and in the restroom.
- We will welcome one adult client, 19 years of age or over, to accompany your pet into the hospital for the appointment. This person will need to be responsible for making medical and financial decisions for the pet, and be able to provide all relevant history and information for the pet. If the person does not have this information or authorization, we must ask that we do a “curbside” appointment with an adult that does have this information and authorization.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call us from the parking lot to let us know you are here. Please park in one of our eight numbered spaces if possible, as this makes it easier for our team members to find you!
- When we have an exam room ready for you, we will call you (please keep your phone free!) and ask you to bring your pet to our main (east) door.
- One of our friendly greeters will meet you at the east door and conduct a quick health screening, including a forehead temperature check with a non-contact thermometer. If your temperature is 100.4 degrees or higher, we will need to do a “curbside” appointment for your pet. You will be asked the following questions:
- Have you had a fever, cough, or any shortness of breath within the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has had a fever, cough, or any shortness of breath within the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone within the past 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- If your answer to any of the above questions is “yes,” we will ask you to return to your vehicle, and we will do a “curbside” appointment for everyone’s safety.
- After the quick health screening, our greeter will have you apply an alcohol-based gel or foam sanitizer to your hands, and will then escort you and your pet to an exam room.
- During your pet’s entire appointment, you will need to stay in the exam room. Please remain seated and respect social-distancing rules as much as possible.
- Dogs known to be aggressive must be wearing a muzzle, and will only be examined if able to be adequately controlled by our staff, without owner assistance.
- At the conclusion of your visit, a team member will take your payment in the exam room, and provide you with a receipt and any other take-home paperwork.
- We will ask you to exit the building via our south side door, and thank you for bringing your pet to see us!
- If you would prefer us to do a curbside visit for your pet, you can remain in your car and we will be happy to accommodate this request!
Please note that at this time, we will be continuing to assist clients with pet food pick-ups and medication refills ONLY via curbside service. Until further notice, clients who are only picking up food, medications, or other pet supplies will not be allowed into the building.
We look forward to seeing you and your pet soon! If you have ANY questions about your pet’s care or medical needs, or our new appointment protocols, please call our office at (402) 291-1255, use our website’s Contact Us form, or send an email to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org